Project Teen Money is a unique challenge to help young adults achieve financial success – not just the participants, but also the peers who learn from them. Up to 10 students from Madison's East, La Follette, Memorial and West high schools and One City Schools will be selected to compete for top scholarships.
How does Project Teen Money work?
- Applicants submit a short video (between 30 seconds and 2 minutes) addressing this question: "What are three tips you’d give other teens to help them protect their money from scams?"
- Using points-based scoring criteria, we choose video finalists and feature them on our website.
- The public – including you! – votes for their favorite.
- Scholarships are awarded to winners in the following amounts:
- Grand prize winner –$3,000
- Second place – $2,000
- Third place – $1,000
- Fourth & Fifth place – $750
- All remaining runners-up – $500 (yes, all video finalists get a scholarship!)